The City opened its parks on May 04, 2020 but please note restrooms remain closed. Trails and Open Spaces remain available for public use, as long as social distancing is practiced. Here are some additional guidelines:
- Playgrounds, pavilions and other gathering spaces are closed. These areas are considered high risk for increasing transmission.
- No organized group activities or recreation. All gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason other than critical business or government functions are banned per the Stay-at-Home order.
- Do not use parks, trails and open spaces if you are exhibiting symptoms. If you or your children are experiencing symptoms, it’s important to stay home when sick.
- Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails. Bring hand sanitizer with you to clean your hands if soap and water are not available.
- Observe the minimum recommended physical social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space. Practice it and know what it looks like.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence before you pass, and step aside to let others pass. Signal your presence with your voice, bell or horn.
- Users may find public restrooms closed. Be prepared before you leave and time outings so that you are not dependent on public restrooms.
- Bring water or drinks. Public drinking fountains may be disabled and should not be used, even if operable.
- Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trace, take everything out to protect park workers.
Fountain Parks and Recreation Departments appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and hope everyone stays safe during this difficult time. Fountain Parks & Open Space