Tue, 05/19/2020 El Paso County, CO – Three more confirmed COVID-19 outbreaks have been reported in El Paso County.
Public Health is working to make information regarding confirmed COVID-19 outbreaks in El Paso County available on our website. Outbreaks are currently listed on the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s outbreak data page. This information is currently updated on a weekly basis each Wednesday.
- CASE CONFIRMATION: Three employees of the McDonald’s on 535 Airport Creek Point have tested positive for COVID-19.
- CASE CONFIRMATION: Two employees of Springs Fabrication (850 Aeroplaza Drive) have tested positive for COVID-19.
- CASE CONFIRMATION: Two residents of Cheyenne Mountain Care Center (835 Tenderfoot Hill Road) have tested positive for COVID-19.
- CASE UPDATE: One additional employee of Walmart on 1575 Space Center Drive has tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total to four.
- CASE UPDATE: One additional employee of Goodwill on 4158 Austin Bluffs Parkways has tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total to four.
As a clarification to yesterday’s news release, Public Health is not reaching out to customers directly. The news release provides a general public notification of locations with confirmed outbreak to enhance transparency and provide residents the information they need to make informed decisions.
Public Health encourages people to monitor for COVID-19 symptoms. If you begin to experience symptoms, it’s important to seek testing. Community testing is available at the following locations:
- UCHealth Testing Tent: 175 S. Union Blvd in Colorado Springs
- Open Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., this drive-through site will perform testing on individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or who have a physician’s order
- Bring your ID and insurance card (if you have one)
- Peak Vista Testing Site: 3205 North Academy in Colorado Springs
- Open Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., this drive-through site will test those 12 years of age and older who have symptoms of COVID-19
- Visit Peak Vista’s COVID-19 testing page to learn more about what to bring and other requirements to get tested
- Pueblo County Testing Site: 1001 Beulah Ave. (enter through Gate 4 off Mesa Avenue and Gaylord Avenue)
- For news and information about our neighboring community’s testing site, visit their website.
- Hours: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays