320 Pepper Grass Lane
Fountain Creek Nature Center features wetlands and marshes that support Colorado wildlife. The wetlands pass through a shortgrass prairie ecosystem. The Fountain Creek Regional Park is a quiet preserve for wildlife and also serves as an outdoor classroom for visitors of all ages. White-tailed deer, lizards, toads, frogs, beaver, muskrat, arthropods, and an abundant diversity of birds are just a few of the animals that share this habitat.
Programs are held throughout the year. Check the Event calendar for upcoming events.
The Fountain Creek Nature Center has meeting rooms available for public programs, family events and birthday parties.
All events meet at the Nature Center unless indicated otherwise. The Nature Center is located off Highway 85/87. Turn west on Cattail March Road and follow to the Nature Center.
Fountain Creek Nature Center is open:
Wednesday through Friday 9:00 a.m to 4:00 pm.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Fountain Creek Nature Center, 320 Pepper Grass Lane, Fountain, CO 80817
- Martin Luther King Service Day - 20 Jan 2018 - 10:00
- Nature Adventures: H is for Hibernation - 1 Feb 2018 - 10:00
- Story Trail to Celebrate World Wetlands Day - 3 Feb 2018 - 10:00
- 2’s & 3’s Outdoors: B is for Birds - 8 Feb 2018 - 10:00
- Night Sky Program: “What’s Up Tonight & Native American Skies.” - 9 Feb 2018 - 19:00
- Family Nature Camp Day - 17 Feb 2018 - 10:00
- Kritter Karavan - 24 Feb 2018 - 10:00