320 Pepper Grass Lane
Fountain Creek Nature Center features wetlands and marshes that support Colorado wildlife. The wetlands pass through a shortgrass prairie ecosystem. The Fountain Creek Regional Park is a quiet preserve for wildlife and also serves as an outdoor classroom for visitors of all ages. White-tailed deer, lizards, toads, frogs, beaver, muskrat, arthropods, and an abundant diversity of birds are just a few of the animals that share this habitat.
Programs are held throughout the year. Check the Event calendar for upcoming events.
The Fountain Creek Nature Center has meeting rooms available for public programs, family events and birthday parties.
All events meet at the Nature Center unless indicated otherwise. The Nature Center is located off Highway 85/87. Turn west on Cattail March Road and follow to the Nature Center.
Fountain Creek Nature Center is open:
Wednesday through Friday 9:00 a.m to 4:00 pm.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Fountain Creek Nature Center, 320 Pepper Grass Lane, Fountain, CO 80817
- Nature Adventures: Darling Dragonflies - 5 Jul 2018 - 09:00
- Wild Child Adventures Nature Camp for Middle Schoolers - 9 Jul 2018 - 09:00
- Cattail Kids I Nature Camp - 23 Jul 2018 - 09:00
- Mysterious Muskrats (ages 3-6 with adult) - 2 Aug 2018 - 09:00
- Crazy Crawdads - 11 Aug 2018 - 09:00
- Sneaky Snakes (ages 2-3 with an adult) - 16 Aug 2018 - 09:00
- Magic Monarchs - 25 Aug 2018 - 11:30