The Colorado Department of Transportation crews are installing and resetting median cable barrier along I-25 between Pueblo and Colorado Springs to prevent median crossover crashes.
The work is in response to the crash history and increased traffic in this area.
the reset of median cable barrier on a new geometric alignment
providing space for motorists, patrol and emergency vehicles to pull over.
In addition, there will be earthwork to regrade approaches, flatten slopes, and
patch with asphalt, improve drainage and add erosion control
The majority of work will be scheduled overnight, 7 p.m. – 5:30 a.m., to minimize impacts to motorists and improve overall safety.
Work started in June and will run through December 2019.
Please reduce your speed to 65 mph in the work zone.
Slow down for the Cone Zone
The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones.
- Do not speed in work zones.
- Obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers. Drive with caution.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile devices such as phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you, anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so. Please be patient!